Thursday, September 4, 2008

1982 With A Bullet : Worth Revisiting???

This was perhaps the second record I ever owned. I got a Ray Kernagan Lp for Xmas 1980 (heady times they were) and I used to frequently raid my parent's record collection (Cliff Richard, Gene Pitney, The New Seekers, Peter, Paul and Mary), looking for 'new sounds' but 1982 With A Bullet was the first album I had which I considered modern and ' with the times".

Last seen on an online auction site (top bid one dollar so far), this EMI compilation has on it such classics as 'What About Me' by Moving Pictures and Pete Shelley's 'Homosapien'.

In the midst of many a drunken stupor I would often rave to a comrade how legendary this compilation was. Imagine my delight and horror when said comrade (by dubious means) obtained a CD copy of it on which he passed on to me so that I had the opportunity to relive those 'precious memories'. So the question is, is 1982 With A Bullet worth revisiting???

Here are the track listings :

Side 1:
01 "Centerfold" -
02 "Just Can't Get Enough" -
03 "Homosapien" - 04 "Make a Move On Me" - Olivia Newton-John
05 "My Own Way" - Duran Duran
06 "Dirty Creature" - Split Enz
07 "Almost With You" - The Church
08 "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?" - Diana Ross
09 "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" - Tight Fit

Side 2:
10 "What About Me" - Moving Pictures
11 "Cambodia" - Kim Wilde
12 "Beserk Warriors" - Mental As Anything
13 "Golden Brown" - The Stranglers
14 "Let's Hang On" - Barry Manilow
15 "Mickey" - Toni Basil
16 "Come Back Suzanne" - Bill Wyman
17 "Body and Soul" - Jo Kennedy
18 "Daddy's Home" - Cliff Richard

thanks to http://80s-tapes.blogspot.com/ and katie b

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger tubetrain08 said...

Great site thanks Brad. You know how much I love my music. :)

September 13, 2008 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger kirk said...

Dude - that was the second album i ever bought. First was "1981 over the top". I know its sad but i still love 80's gear.

September 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Locam said...

I think I remember that one but I had some really good ones to. Do you remember Ripper, I even think I have a copy of Top of the Pop Vol 3 or 4 somewhere at home.

September 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Nice one, Braddo. Kath reckons your film is better than the dorky one with her waving at the end of it. Well... I will be trying to get that one! So there, Sleepy!

September 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I loved this tape, the only thing bad about it was having to play it on my cheap "TEMPEST" tape player when all my girlfriends had SONY baby-pink or white DOUBLE-tape mini boomboxes.

Cheap parental Xmas gifts suck arse.

June 24, 2011 at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home